Would you like to get rid of dynamic wrinkles and rejuvenate your look? Try botox cosmetic. Botox is the number one anti-wrinkle treatment on the market, and it’s used to minimize wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes. However, botox can cause adverse side-effects if not administered correctly, so we’ve put together 5 important things you need to know before getting botox.
5 Important Things You Need To Know Before Getting Botox
- A consultation is essential: The botox provider should offer a consultation before botox treatment. This initial evaluation is important, as it allows the physician to assess how your face moves naturally, so that botox can be placed in the right locations during treatment.
- Possible complications: If you are thinking about getting botox, finding an experienced medical professional should be your primary concern, because complications can arise if botox is not injected in the correct location, using the right dosage.
- Botox is not permanent: Botox is a temporary treatment that typically lasts 3-6 months. Follow-up treatments are therefore needed to maintain results.
- Be wary of bargain prices. If botox is being offered at an extremely discounted price, this should raise a red flag, as it could be an indication that the product is diluted. If so, the treatment will not be as effective.
- What to avoid pre-treatment: Patients are usually advised to stop taking medications that can thin the blood, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, as well as multivitamins and some anti-oxidants. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Are you ready to schedule your botox consultation? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Nashville, TN area Image Surgical Arts is our featured practice.
You can reach them at www.imagesurgicalarts.com, or by calling (615) 205-6457.